I've sat here for a while trying to think of a way to describe the recipe I'm going to post about today. I was trying to compare this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt to something revolutionary, but all I could come up with was this electric car from Tesla Motors. Then I had to rethink my strategy because I wasn't sure I should be comparing these two items. I mean, the Model S looks quite brilliant and is pretty sexy. If electric cars become affordable and start to replace our current gas-guzzling cars, it could mean a lot for the environment. How does peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt compare to something like that? The only way this recipe could change lives would be.... well, it wouldn't be good, let's just leave it at that.
So how can I start a post that has a title almost as long as the post itself? Maybe I should just show you a picture.
There. That should do it.
When I posted a version of this picture on various social media sites the other day, it received quite a bit of interest. Most were drooling, or licking the screens of their mobile devices. Or whatever hungry people do when they look at pictures of food. It seems that pretty much everyone agrees that a bit of peanut butter added to anything won't hurt anybody. You guys must really love peanut butter.
What I did here was take this exceptionally easy recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt and added that bit of peanut butter to it. The result was a deliciously creamy, peanut buttery, chocolatey, yogurty, frozen delight.
I had made the plain chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt twice before I came up with the idea of adding peanut butter to it. I almost decided to use Biscoff, but didn't want to waste my precious Biscoff if it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.
Another good thing about this recipe is that you don't actually have to wait until it's frozen to eat it. The only thing that freezing it does is make it resemble ice cream. Either way tastes sinful.
And, since this recipe has yogurt in it, that makes it healthy. Right? So what are you waiting for? You can probably even finish making it by the time you finish saying "peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt".
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened (I actually used a little bit under ½ cup)
- ⅓ to ½ cup peanut butter depending on how much you like peanut butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, peanut butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and fold in gently. Add yogurt and stir gently until fully incorporated.
- Scoop into a freezer-safe container and cover tightly. Freeze until set (if you can wait), preferably overnight.