Summer has absolutely flown by and I know you've probably been wondering where I've been! Only one update (no-bake Nutella cheesecakes) in two months, right? Well, I've devoted all my time through the school holidays to my four cheeky monkeys, and I just didn't have any time to style photos and write posts. I was still cooking and baking occasionally, though...
...as you can see (more photos at Instagram)! But now that the kids are back in school (hooray!) I can start this blogging thing again!
So last week I gave you individual Nutella cheesecakes, but this week, I'm sharing with you a wonderful recipe I found at Gastro Luv for no-bake blueberry cheesecake.
The recipe comes from Gabriela's mother and is a favorite among her family, and I can definitely see why. The recipe uses minimal ingredients, can be prepared quickly and the end result is truly spectacular (both in presentation and taste!).
The crust is simply a mixture of crushed graham crackers (I used digestive biscuits) and melted butter. The filling uses a combination of cream cheese, mascarpone and fresh whipped cream, and this is topped with a fresh blueberry sauce.
Gabriela's mum's cheesecake recipe is now a favorite among my own family; my husband, who usually isn't a fan of cheese-anything, devoured three slices all in one night!
And what isn't to love? It's easy, quick, delicious, crowd-pleasing and looks gorgeous!
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 oz 340g mascarpone, softened
- 4 oz 115g cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups fresh blueberries frozen will work as well
- ½ cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar in a bowl and mix until the crumbs have been thoroughly coated with the butter. Press firmly into the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Chill.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Whisk cream in another bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the filling into the prepared crust, using a flat spatula to flatten the top. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- For the sauce, combine blueberries, water, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently until the sauce reaches a boil. Reduce heat, add the cornstarch & water mixture and stir gently, as to not break the berries, for 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Fold in lemon zest. Pour sauce over the cheesecake before serving. Will keep 2-3 days in an airtight container stored in the refrigerator.