Combine chocolate cupcakes with pure Nutella, whipped cream and Ferrero Rochers to create these impressive Nutella cupcakes!
I have THE best recipe for all you Nutella lovers out there! It involves easy chocolate cupcakes, pure Nutella frosting, whipped cream and a Ferrero Rocher - look at these gorgeous Nutella cupcakes!
You may have been wondering where I've been lately?? Probably not!! Haha!! But just in case, I've still been baking and cooking, but I've been occupying my spare time by taking photos other than food! Gasp! Yes, that's right, I've been outside taking pictures of nature-y things.
All photos above were taken with my Nikon D3100 and my 200mm lens, except for two; the photo overlooking the valley is from my iPhone and the raindrop photo was taken with my 55mm lens onto which I had affixed a +10 macro filter.
Way before I had a foodblog, and also before I had children, I had a photoblog (334pixels.org). I used mostly film cameras (I have a variety of vintage film cameras that I still have and cherish) and I'd actually go places just to photograph stuff. Most of these photos are still at Flickr, but I haven't paid for Flickr Pro for a while so some photos may not be available to view.
I really miss taking photos of things other than food, I've realized, so I've been trying to get out more to do that. To keep up with all my new photos, be sure to follow me on Instagram.
Right now, though, I really need to share the recipe for these gorgeous Nutella cupcakes!
The recipe starts with an easy "melt and mix" chocolate cupcake base. It's called "melt and mix" because you simply melt some of the ingredients - sugar, butter, dark chocolate and water - and then mix in the rest of the ingredients - eggs, flour and cocoa powder. It's really easy and doesn't even require you to use an electric mixer.
Frosting these cakes is a breeze because all you need is a generous scoop of pure Nutella, a dollop of whipped cream and a Ferrero Rocher. Oh, and don't forget the chocolate sprinkles!
How impressive do these cupcakes look!! I even surprised myself when I finished them!
If you love Nutella, you have to make these TODAY, or if you have friends that love Nutella, make these for them TODAY! These Nutella cupcakes will not disappoint, I promise!
- 140 g ⅔ cup, firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 g butter at room temperature, chopped
- 75 g dark chocolate chopped
- 125 ml ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 150 g 1 cup self-raising flour
- 50 g ⅓ cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 240 g 3 /4 cup Nutella
- Whipped cream to serve
- 12 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Chocolate flakes or sprinkles to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a 12-hole cupcake baking pan with paper cases. Place the sugar, butter, chocolate and water in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift the flours, cocoa and salt over the egg mixture. Gently fold in until just combined. Divide mixture among the prepared pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread the cooled cupcakes with Nutella. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream, a Ferrero Rocher and chocolate flakes or sprinkles.